Wednesday, January 17, 2007

almost there... almost there...

I plan on arriving at RDU in less than 24 hours... that's kind of crazy. I've been good about packing and preparing ahead of time, though, (I mean I had more than a month! and it was sooooo nice...). I've been trying to pre-adjust myself to changing time zones, sort of, by going to bed an hour earlier and getting up an hour (or maybe just 45 minutes...) earlier each morning. So this morning I got up at 6:45. Crazy, huh? I was pretty impressed I could get myself to do it. The planned bedtime tonight is 8:30 but will probably be more like 9:30, which also is crazy. I don't know when I last went to bed before 9. Probably last time I was jet lagged? Anybody who's had a studio with me knows I don't have a liking to pulling all-nighters (and work all sorts of crazy early morning and weekend hours to avoid it), and in the same vein I don't like navigating foreign airports and cities on 2 hours of plane-sleep (equating to a half an hour of real sleep, I believe). So this is my effort at reducing that effect and maaaybe getting some more sleep on the transatlantic portion of the flight. But... I have a window seat, and it'll be so cool looking out on the clouds and the twilight thousands of feet in the air... I think it'll help once it gets dark and the distraction to press forehead to window (and maybe take a photo or two) is gone. Well I should get busy. Less than one more day of packing!!!! (that's almost more exciting than going to Prague... wait, no, it's not. it's just annoying.

No comments: