Thursday, April 5, 2007

daylight

The days here have already outstripped those back in NC-latitude, and I can tell. This morning I woke up at 6:45, and thought it was 8:45 (from a combination of misreading the clock, it was already really bright, and I was hungry) and woke Allison up asking why her alarm hadn't gone off to realize I still had two hours to sleep. Sunrise is at 6:30, but it gets brighter before that. Our east facing windows with yellow curtains help by radiating the light through the room. Sunset is at 7:40, it stays so light so late now that I don't think we've eaten before 7:00 very recently. It's just so bright outside you don't think of eating until it's already 7 or 7:15. Of course the endless pile of trace and marker on my desk waiting to be combined to form brilliance and elegance and who knows what else they expect adds motivation to stay in studio later. I compared on my dashboard widget that shows sunrise and sunset times, Prague already has about 20-25 minutes of daylight more than Raleigh. It's a strange feeling. By the day lengths I feel it should be late April or May, but by the temperature and the leaves that are only just now opening, it should be early March. My subconscious doesn't know what to make of this spring. I think I like it, though.

No comments: