Tuesday, March 20, 2007

visits, weather, beauty.

Visits make me happy. It was really good having my sister come over the weekend, I got a chance to be a tourists for a few days. We walked over the Charles bridge, around the castle, and took a tour of Jewish town and several historical synagogues. I also introduced her to czech food (beef with cream sauce and dumplings!) and the intellectual hangout, Cafe Louvre (I've never said no to a chance to have their amaaaaaaazing hot chocolate, it's sort of like very rich very dark hot chocolate pudding that you drink) and we also sampled two of their dessert choices. The weather was colder and rainy, unfortunately, but it was still good to see a familiar face and get out and to have an excuse to get out and see the city. Regardless of weather or the amount of mobs of Italians or British that seem to follow you everywhere, Prague is still a beautiful city. (I hope you agree, Elizabeth, since that was the only condition in which you saw it!). And despite the return of semi-wintry weather (bleah. gray. windy. drizzly.) I'm still enjoying a little snapshot of spring with a small pot of daffodils I bought yesterday. I think flowers are one of the best things you can spend a little money on, even though to our american practical sensibility they have no purpose. But they are so beautiful and delicate, I think "wasting" a little money on beauty every once in a while is very much worthwhile.

No comments: